Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

August Purchases

I have made my intention of cutting down on my spending very clear across all of my social media but for some reason I simply cannot seem to stick to it. I have been doing much better when it comes to beauty but everything else seems to have slipped. As you will be able to tell from my One in, One Out posts, I have been buying products that I actually need rather than just want but I have seriously let myself down when it comes to fashion.


If you haven't read my Rules to Live By! post I will give you a run down of my intentions until the end of the year. I am on a One in, One Out beauty policy so I can only buy something new if something is leaving. I have been doing this since July and you know what, I am really enjoying it and slowly I am finding there is a little bit more space in my beauty draws.

However, I am only supposed to be doing one clothing shop each month which most certainly has not happened this month. I don't know why I am such a magpie for clothes but at the moment it seems to be my problem. Anyway, today I thought I would share with you all of the additional items I purchased this month, in the hope that it will shame me into spending less and hopefully by the start of the new year I will have reevaluated my thinking on shopping.

31st July 2019

This month's shopping began on the 31st July. I have decided to include it in this months post; mainly because I didn't do a purchases post last month but partially because it is part of the August paycheck. I started out this month with a little shop from In The Style. I am going to say it now just to get it out of the way but there were a lot of orders placed on In The Style during August, just because of the Fashion Influx collaboration. However, that was not why I made this order. I needed more hair ties.

I hate wearing my hair up, I think it makes me look gross and I do not have a whole lot of hair so any ponytail I have looks pretty shit but I have been loving using a hair tie to make it look cuter and it also gives a little bit of bulk to my otherwise lack-lustre hair. I initially bought one earlier in July but when I was out shopping, I lost it so I went back online to replace it and whilst I was doing that, I picked up a couple more.

I picked up 4 hair ties in total which came to just under £10 and I am pleased with all of them. I have worn every single one of them but I realised as I ordered them that they would not make a very big, or noticeable, parcel so I worried if I just ordered the headbands that the parcel would be lost. To stop this from happening I ordered a top as well. I reordered the Duvet Day Tee from the In The Style x Fashion Influx collection. I had previously sent it back but I am so glad I reordered it because it is a great top for the weekend and to wear as a pyjama top. 

3rd August

On the 3rd I had an appointment to go into town to get my hair cut. Whilst I was in town, I decided to make the most of the trip and I did a little bit of shopping, thinking this would be my main shop of the month. The first store I went in after I had my hair done was Primark. I always try to head into Primark as early as I can because anytime after 10am and it is a shit hole. However, I did manage to find some good items.

I picked up the midi black floral dress that I have been wearing all month during this shop and it was only £13. It was worth it for the amount I have worn it this month, let alone how much wear I will get out of it during Autumn. If you aren't familiar with this dress (it is the one in the first picture of this post) you clearly don't follow me on Instagram, which you should do, because it has been in most of my pictures this month. Here is a link: @SophaaRambles


I picked up two necklaces which both play into the initial necklace trend that seems to be big at the moment. Both necklaces were £1.50: one was a gold bamboo S and the second was the silver version of the gold one I bought last month. It has a small silver disc with a S on it and there is a second disc which has a sort of dented effect. I have worn the silver one a lot this month. Definitely worth the £1.50 I spent on them.

I did an Instagram poll whilst I was in Primark about whether or not I should buy a set of Jammies and the overwhelming response was to buy them, so I did. They are a dark aubergine colour and they are a light satin material. I really like the shape of these and the shorts are a bit longer which is rare. Considering the whole set was £9, I have worn this a lot.

The final items I picked up were two pairs of work shoes. I only buy the cheap £4 flat shoes because I really do not care about my work uniform and these are fine. Whenever I am in town I make sure to buy a couple of pairs because I ruin them so often. My last pair were ruined by me spilling my gingerbread coffee all over them.


After Primark, I wandered around town and had a look around but of course I ended up in All Saints. They had a sale on so I thought I would have a look, even though I had seen a lot of it online. However, I had not seen the Tujen Tee before and from the moment I saw it, I knew I would get a lot of wear out of it. I love the basic style of this top and how it has a little side tie detail. This was meant to be £22 in the sale but they had an extra 20% off so I paid £17 for it which I was pretty chuffed about.

I finished off this shop by buying my beauty treat of the month. I purchased the Fenty Beauty Lil Bronze Duo from the Fenty counter in Harvey Nichols. This was on my Beauty Wishlist and I have decided I need to start getting a move on with my Wishlist because I really have not ticked off that many products. I have been using both products in the set all month and there will be a review in the not too distant future.

6th August

I had been out for food with my friend and we were having a little look around the shops. She has been telling me about this Leave-in Conditioner from Palmers and her hair has looked amazing lately so I have been meaning to try it myself. We had a look in Superdrug and it was on offer so I decided to get myself a bottle whilst it was cheap. This was only £5 and I didn't have a Leave-in Conditioner for my hair, I've always used an oil instead. I have found this leave-in Conditioner has made such a difference to my hair. She was right, it is so good.


7th August

I needed to buy a present for my Mother and I had decided that I was going to get a few pieces from Elizabeth Scarlett which is an amazing gift brand but whilst I was ordering, I decided to get myself a pouch as well. I fell in love with the Watamu Turtle Pouch, the turtles are so cute and all of the proceeds go to Kenya's Local Ocean Conservation to help save the turtles so I could finally justify the price. After it arrived, I immediately started to use this as my makeup bag and it fits all of my daily makeup in it. This was certainly a treat but I won't need to buy another for a long time.

I ordered the Elizabeth Scarlett pouch in the morning but I had to go shopping for some necessities in the evening. I desperately needed some more eye makeup remover. I buy the Garnier Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover. Usually I try to buy it when it is on offer but beggars can't be choosers so I had to buy this full price. However, I did mange to get my favourite toothpaste half price which is the Oral B 3D White Enamal Care toothpaste. Normally it is around £5 but this was £2.50 in Boots so I picked some up.

11th August

For my Mother's Birthday Weekend we went to London and we both did a little bit of shopping. We walked for a bloody age around London and I made two purchases. My rule for shopping in London is that I am only allowed to buy things that we can't get easily in Bristol so I went to the Fresh Beauty Counter in John Lewis and I picked up a couple of their travel size products. I picked out: the Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash as it is new and you cannot buy the miniature on Cult Beauty yet, the Rose Facial Toner, the Rose Face Cream and the Peach Lip Balm. The Peach Lip Balm is the only product that does not replace a product I have used up this month. I love Fresh Beauty and I am really excited to give more of their products a go.

We did a little bit more walking and we ended up on New Bond Street which is where the Victoria's Secret store is. The store is massive and it has every single product they sell within it whereas it is more limited in Bristol. The top floor has the Liby range which is stunning but even more expensive. I had a look at the new A/W19 VS collection and they had the Fleur Du Mal dupe in my size. In Bristol, they only had large sizes but they had the size I needed in London and for some reason it was priced up at £59 rather than £65 so I tried it on and decided I loved it. They did not have the matching knickers but I was happy with the bra alone and I'm sure I can find some black knickers to go with it.


12th August

The following day my Mother and I took a trip to Bicester Village. It would have been rude not to make a purchase whilst I was there so I did a little bit of shopping and I actually managed to get some pieces that I have been lusting after for many years. I finally got my Alexander McQueen Scarf and a Saint Laurent Tee. I also bought a thong in Agent Provocateur which completed a set I had bought in the sale earlier in the year. I also bought the black version of The Kooples Cherry Top that I love and unfortunately shrank so I am going to be more careful with this one. 

If you want to find out more about my trip to Bicester Village, I did write a more in-depth blog post about it: Bicester Village


14th August

During a time of discount on In The Style, I picked up a couple of pieces from the Fashion Influx range. I have already spoken about it on my blog and I have posted many pictures of the outfits on Instagram but I have to say this order was actually really unsuccessful. I ordered: the White Puff Sleeve Crop Top, the Floral Puff Sleeve Tie Waist Midi Dress and the Cream Asymmetric Mini Dress. All of it went back except the Midi Dress. 

The midi dress is perfect for when I haven't tanned but it is too warm to wear jeans. The reason I sent back the Puff Sleeve Crop Top was because I had ordered it in a size 6 and it was simply too big for me. I liked the style but needed a smaller size which they did not do. The Satin Mini dress fit fine and I liked the style but the colour washed me out. I did think that I would order this if it came in another colour and later in the month, they came through. More on that in a bit. 


18th August

On Instagram I had seen through Fashion Influx's Instastories that some of the Becca x Khloe & Malika products were in T K Maxx and I had been eyeing some of them up when they were full price so I couldn't miss the chance to buy them when they were slightly cheaper. I bought the Khloe version of the palette for £24.99 and I have used it every day since. It is a beautiful palette with some gorgeous powders. I also bought the Glow Letters for £7.99 which I was not so enthused by. In fact I sort of regret buying them but we live and learn. Once again there will be a blog post on these soon.

22nd August

My final shop of the month was once again from In The Style and in particular the Fashion Influx range. On the 22nd they released a couple of new A/W products to the range and updated a few of the older styles with new colour schemes. I have to say I wasn't fussed by the new products but I loved some of the new colours. I have actually bought all of these pieces before in the old colour schemes and sent them back for various reasons but I ended up keeping all of the pieces I ordered this time.

I ordered: The Puff Sleeve Crop Top in Black, The Ruched Ruffle Mini Skirt in Navy and the Red Satin Mini Dress. The Black Puff Sleeve Crop Top came in a size 4 and fit so much better so I was pleased with that one. I ordered the skirt in the same size as before (a size 6) but the colour scheme is so much better for me and the same goes for the Red Satin Mini Dress. Turns out neutral shades are no good for me and I need something a little bit more bold but I love everything I got in this shop and I believe this will be the end of my orders from In The Style as there is nothing else I have my eye on.


For the rest of the month, I was very well behaved and from the 30th it was a new payday so I am counting that payday purchase I did on the 31st in my September Purchases post. Looking at it like this, I now realise that I have done a crap job of stopping shopping this month. Hopefully I will do a better job in September as I do not have any major events like my Mothers Birthday which encourage me to shop.

You might also like:

August One In, One Out
Bicester Village
In The Style x Fashion Influx
Elizabeth Scarlett
June Purchases

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar