Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Corine de Farme is back with Monoi de Tahiti! A review

I already mentioned that Yves Rocher had come out with their Monoi de Tahiti products for the summer. This was great news because it's hard to find a sun screen with a nice smell, and Monoi Oil smells amazing. Although Yves Rocher products are far from bad, they do come a bit cheap and I was looking forward to see the monoi line from Corine de Farme back on the shelves. If you read my article about tahiti flowers you will understand why I'm such a big fan of monoi oil products. When I apply them to my skin it feels like I'm bathing in warm tropical flowers. Monoi is the coconut oil in which thousands of tahiti flowers have been soaking. How gorgeous is that?

Here are some products from the Corine de Farme line:



They come in all sort of shapes and sizes. Some are sun screens with low or high UV protection, some are moisturisers, some are tan accelerators, dry oils or pure oils that have no UV protection.

I discovered this line when I was looking for a quality sun screen that wasn't too expensive and that didn't have that beachy sun screen gel and that wasn't sticky or white. I bought the dry oil for around 8 euros because it had the beautiful tahiti flower on the packaging. I loved the packaging over-all. It looks much nicer than the "generic" Nivea or Garnier sun screens.



What's great about the dry oil is that

- it contains UV filter
- the tahiti flower accelerates and protects the tan
- the coconut oil provides an even tan
- it doesn't stick
- it smells wonderful
- it provides a golden tan

From then on I was hooked, but because of the lousy summer we had in Belgium, I didn't buy any more products from the line.

Yesterday I bought the pure Monoi Oil 99%, because like coconut oil or argan oil it is a pure product that can be used on hair, skin and nails. It doesn't contain UV protection and it is not meant to protect from the sun. It does say that it will give a beautiful tan. I didn't buy it for that though since the weather is still terrible in Belgium. I ibought it because I wanted a product that I can use as a moisturiser and smell like tahiti flowers all year round. I don't want to use up the dry oil I still have because there's hardly any sun, just in case I get to use it again (I hope soon).



I wasn't sure how to get the product out, since it was stuck in the bottle like pure coconut oil. On the back it said it would liquify near a heat source of 25°C. I decided to pop it in a glass full of hot water and the oil started to melt within 30 second. A few drops were all I needed. I rubbed it on my arms and it smelt amazing, just what I was expecting.

I'm planning to buy more products from CDF, like the moisturiser. What else looks great is the "Divine Oil' with shimmer that gives the skin a golden glow while tanning and that can be used on hair for a "rainbow of shimmer" like they say on their site, on the hair. Interesting!



Hope I gave you a nice tip.

x

Helene

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar